Estimator (£35-45k DOE + Benefits)
You will have the opportunity to work for one of the UK's largest Modular Building Company's, who are a leading force in the offsite modular building industry.
They have the production capability and expertise to deliver high quality and cost effective buildings that meet the current market needs, operating in the Commercial, Hotel, Retail, Education, Student Accommodation and MOD sectors
Reporting directly to the Estimating Manager, you will work closely with the Design Department, Business Development Managers and other stakeholders within the business to formulate the most economical response to bids.
- Review and assess enquiry documents and plan actions to meet the deliverable criteria
- Prepare detailed estimate bills in BCIS format using industry standards i.e. NRM2
- Create enquiry packages including detailed scope of works and client meetings and engage with the supply chain and manage the prompt return of information
- Quantify bill and carry out sub-contractor quote analysis against scope, s/c comparisons direct across multiple projects
- Prepare tender return documentation including CSA, prelims breakdowns, margin analysis and VE schedules
- Assist to develop and evolve supply chain to serve the different market sectors
You must be able to think fast on your feet, you will be tenacious, resilient with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Be ambitious, degree educated and preferable MRICS/MCIOB or equivalent
- Have at least 3-5 years experience
- Have knowledge of the key terms of JCT D&B and NEC3 forms
- Be able to demonstrate you have held a similar role with a track record working for a design and build contractor with project values between £1m - £10m
- Be commercially astute and recognise limitations of scope to ensure qualifications are aligned
- Understand and analyse cost metrics to demonstrate market value
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Be able to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines without compromising the accuracy or quality of the estimates
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.