This fast paced, challenging job focusses on driving estate optimisation, encompassing both new stores & the redevelopment of existing sites across all formats. In addition you will play a leading role in the management of our sub-let portfolio & ensure property related matters are resolved in a timely fashion whilst delivering projects relating to company owned surplus land. Based at the company London office with regular travel in London & South East region and visits to the retail Head Office in Leeds.
The Ins & Outs:
The Asset Management Surveyor/ Estates Surveyor will play a key role in supporting our new store projects, presenting high profile projects to the company Property Board and Executive Board for approval. You will be required to deliver projects which add Petrol Filling Stations to stores, a key engine of our growth, coupled with the delivery of projects that create value through development of land owned by the company which is surplus to current operational requirements. Additional responsibilities include:
- Asset management - managing company sub-let portfolio to ensure vacant units are minimised, income is maximised & tenants contribute to the destination shopping experience & provide additional reasons to visit the company site
- Delivery of appropriate property & estates advice across all areas of the business to support existing retail operations & the roll-out of new initiatives
- Working with landlords, landowners, statutory authorities & retail colleagues to deliver the most appropriate solutions for property related issues affecting our estate including the appropriate consent for innovative property portfolio improvements
- You will be required to deliver written reports & presentations to company senior team to secure business approval for proposals.
What you'll need:
With experience as an Estates Surveyor, Property Management Surveyor or Asset Management Surveyor within either a high street multiple, large corporate or property consultancy/ agency you will demonstrate a successful track record of retail estate management and/ or retail property development. Dynamic, ambitious and commercially astute, you will relish the opportunity & be agile enough to work effectively within both sectors - new stores & our existing estate.
- A proven track record in a similar Surveyor role, the job is suited to graduates from an RICS accredited course - with a clear sense of career direction, drive and ambition!
- Opportunities exist to progress through the APC route with development support given
- A strong, concise communicator with excellent interpersonal skills you will be at ease when interacting at a senior level both internally and externally
- Membership of RICS is advantageous, good working knowledge of Landlord & Tenant law, working alongside solicitors & negotiating legal documents with 3rd parties
- Previous experience as a Surveyor, Senior Surveyor, Development Surveyor combined with asset &/ or estates management within retail
For more infomation, apply today and one of the team will contact you to discuss further
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.