Barker Ross are currently recruiting for a Estates Maintenance candidate in the Mansfield area.
Planned maintenance programs and ad hoc maintenance requirements
- Undertake planned maintenance programs, effectively and to deadline
- Respond to ad hoc requirements as they arise, including unblocking drains, minor repairs, changing light bulbs etc.
Specialist maintenance and repairs (carpentry, plumbing, electrical)
- Undertake routine maintenance, checks and repairs in at least of the above specialist areas as directed by your manager.
Security duties, including patrols of the Estate
- Undertake regular CCTV monitoring and security patrols to ensure the safety of all users and the fabric of the Estate
- Liaison and call outs (In line with college procedures) with the appropriate senior manager on site/on call, in relation to security matters
- Accurately and promptly record all incidents/near misses/concerns, bringing these to the immediate attention of your manager (or their deputy)
- Understand fire regulations, emergency and evacuation procedures and the need to co-ordinate matters with the appropriate manager(s) and emergency services.
- Reset security systems as required
- Check lock down procedures are correctly undertaken -ensure the security of windows and doors at the end of the day
Heating and lighting
- Ensure heating is controlled in line with agreed protocols
- Record performance and other associated data as directed
- Check lighting and ensure appropriate levels are maintained
- Encourage energy efficiencies by giving constructive feedback to users and report any concerns to your line manager
- To ensure the protection of physical stock levels you are required to record all stock used during the execution of your duties
- Immediately report any discrepancies or perceived discrepancies
- General tidying of green and planted areas, including grass cutting and weeding to ensure the site is well presented at all times
Porterage, room and vehicle set up/changes
- To set up and break down rooms as required, including movement of furniture and equipment
- Assist with moving of stage, dance floor and other event requirements
- To configure vehicles in line with users requirements and in line with the appropriate risk assessment
Keep accurate records across all duties must be maintained in line with your manager's requirements
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.