Engineering Shift Leader
£42,000 per annum
4 on 4 off consisting of days and nights
This role will have responsibility to lead /direct the engineering shift team and fully support the Production Shift. Responsible for supporting, mentoring, training and developing the engineers.
You will manage:
- Manage engineers ensuring the needs of production are fully covered demonstrating effective channels of communication across the shifts and all levels of the business.
- Complete all necessary documentation to run the shift to include shift handover, holiday requests, return to work interviews. Assist in maintaining full engineering shifts, by managing and organising in association with the maintenance co-ordinator your teams' availability to cover holidays and sickness.
- Ensure all engineering activity is captured using the site cmms system and complies with Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- To facilitate continuous improvement, where appropriate utilising the 8 step problem solving tool to address root cause of equipment issues within the production stream.
- Assist with the development and promotion of the Engineering asset management system "Holistec" to build historical data and enable the effective planning and scheduling of tasks in the correct areas and at the correct frequency.
- Prioritise reactive and proactive maintenance tasks for the production stream across all four shifts in collaboration with the needs of other Engineering Plant Managers and Engineering Manager.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as requested in line with your duties.
Within the role it is imperative you have the ability to be pragmatic and have good planning and prioritising skills. You must be an excellent communicator and be a strong leader/developer of people. You must be able to identify and lead change as well as being committed to continuous improvement.
In return you will be provided an excellent package with benefits
If you would like more information on the role please apply or contact Kevin on 0115 9416323
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.