I am recruiting for a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing market leader, the company has a clear vision and the training and development opportunities are phenomenal.
The ideal candidate will drive a culture of continuous improvement, manage a motivated engineering team to deliver the safe and efficient provision of engineering services to the site. This role encompasses both the fabric and services of the factory building, in addition to the plant & equipment. The job holder is responsible for management of all internal and external engineering resources. They will ensure that the engineering team is able to deliver the required engineering resource and expertise across a 24/7 working pattern.
- Ensure all staff are trained and competency checked against SOP's
- Maintain training records.
- Carry out Personal Development Reviews, that ensure team is able to meet demand of the business
- Ensure a culture of 'safety first' is followed
- Ensure engineering resource is organised to meet business needs
- Liaise with operations teams to ensure that immediate and future business needs are understood
- Develop a training and development plan that ensures that the engineering team is able to meet future, planned business needs
- Assist the engineering team as necessary to ensure optimum operational efficiencies are achieved
- Ensure that the factory plant is able to produce product to the agreed manufacturing quality standards
- Ensure that plant and equipment is correctly calibrated and calibration records accurately maintained
- Ensure that identified critical control points in the process are functioning to standard
- Ensure that the engineering team operates to agreed standards of GMP
- Ensure that all documentation is accurately maintained to agreed schedules Safety
Be conversant with all relevant safety legislation and ensure that these requirements are effectively delivered on site
- Ensure engineering team trained in relevant safe operating systems
- Ensure that external contractors are aware of and adhere to relevant safe operating systems
- Work with The H&S Manager to ensure that building and plant meet agreed safety standards
- Work with The H&S Manager as required to investigate accident and near misses.
- Agree schedule of internal and external safety audits with The H&S Manager and ensure that these are delivered.
- Ensure that the plant is maintained to allow for the planned production schedules
- Work with operations teams to identify reasons for plant downtime and work to ensure that this is minimised
- Implement and maintain a planned maintenance schedule that will ensure plant available to meet planned production demand
- Control the engineering fixed cost budget
- Ensure an adequate supply of spare parts and consumables is maintained to allow the plant to meet planned production demand
- Ensure that the plant is operating to agreed standards pertaining to material and process waste Measure and monitor cost of factory services. Ensure control of these costs is optimised
- Provide monthly report update of engineering activity, expenditure and measure against agreed KPI's
- Take responsibility for discreet capex projects as directed by the Site Director
- Act as key contact for all site services
COMPETENCY LEVEL FOR EFFECTIVENESS IN ROLE:
Leadership & Drive to Get the Job Done
- Motivates, inspires and develops staff
- Agrees targets/objectives and assesses performance
- Ability to manage and lead a team or individual
- Sets a good example and aware of the effect of their behaviour on others
- Delegates and ensures staff accountability - involves others in decision making
- Chooses appropriate leadership styles for different situations and people
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Actually listens and questions to confirm understanding
- Presents ideas effectively to individuals or groups
- Able to present effectively to senior directors or to external parties
- Encourages open communication and feedback
For more information please do contact Nicoel Durham.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.