This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early
stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric
modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the
residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable
homes for people to enjoy living in.
As the Engineering Manager you will initially be responsible for helping create a 150,000 sq.
ft. green field advanced manufacturing facility and define the core production processes
within. These core processes will include coordinating the project engineering elements to
ensure all projects can be manufactured in the most efficient manner, leading systems and
facilities engineering support, and will need to be closely integrated with design, production,
factory logistics and HSEQ processes. The initial work will cover setting up new systems of
work to support and maintain the factory infrastructure, leading the planning and project
management of OEM's to install advanced production technologies into the new
manufacturing facility and eventually help to build and recruit the broader Berkeley Modular
Once the factory is established, the focus will switch to ensure day-to-day that the complete
system is able to deliver to the required output levels, which will mean the facility and
associated advanced manufacturing practices & technologies are constantly improved to
ensure the product exceeds expectations. As such, the Engineering Manager will be
responsible for supporting manufacturing to deliver against labour productivity and
manufactured product quality targets, whilst ensuring a safe working environment for the
workforce, It will be essential to work very closely with other stakeholders from across the
business covering the technical, engineering, projects, finance and site logistics disciplines to
understand challenges that are faced and help develop and evolve robust solutions.
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Help to map and specify all supporting business digital information flows for the introduction of an advanced Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Help to map and specify all factory digital information flows for the introduction of an advanced Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Help to layout the new facility and test manufacturing logic flows to optimise production
- Lead the process design work including defining / documenting sequence of operations, labour and material routing details and detailed time standards for ERP / MES
- Lead manufacturing engineering with the introduction of projects & new products.
- Help to create manpower standards to meet capacity.
- Help to create Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments to support safe and efficient production operations
- Help to create bespoke equipment / jig-fixture design solutions
- Manage OEMs and third party agencies for the installation of new machinery / equipment
- Lead the recruitment and on-boarding of the new engineering team
- Play an active role in the manufacturing facility commissioning process, including programme of sample production / prototyping
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferably degree or BTEC educated in a relevant discipline
- Experience of project / programme management within a green field factory build
- Minimum 5 years of experience within complex manufacturing environments
- Advanced understanding of ERP and implementation experience advantageous
- Advanced understanding of MES and implementation experience advantageous
- Advanced understanding of BEMS
- Proficient with 3D BIM environments such as Inventor or Solidworks.
- Strong exposure to the development of cross-functional processes within a complex
- Experience of process development and implementation of process improvement
- Experience in advanced offsite manufacturing technology
- Qualification in Lean Manufacturing; Theory of Constraints; and / or Six Sigma from a
- recognised, accredited training body
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.