Engineer / Mechanical Fitter - Hertfordshire
The purpose of the role will be to maintain and repair equipment to an agreed standard.
Our client requires an Engineer who will work closely with the Foreman & Service Coordinator to ensure that collectively our client can maximise every opportunity to deliver services and equipment in line with customers expectation.
Working with Depot Foreman to deliver continued improvements within the yard activities striving to deliver "Best Practices" to improve Safety and Quality.
The role will also involve being customer facing and as such the Engineers need to present themselves and the Company in a professional light.
To ensure all equipment is to be maintained and repaired to a level to that befits the Company expectation which is one of a Leader within its chosen Market.
Standards and Quality
- To ensure that all equipment is maintained within manufacturers guidelines as a minimum and compliance with PUWER & LOLER regulations and Legislations
- Equipment is always of a mechanical & aesthetic condition that is in fitting with that of the Company Image
- Needs to be one of the driving forces behind Continuous improvements
- Promote and demonstrate the companies vision, values and behaviours
Personal and Technical attributes
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and have a high level of initiative to make improvements.
- Very organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work load.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a positive can-do attitude
- Excellent team player with exceeding organisational and people's skills and is engaging and has a down to earth approach
- Work well under pressure and has an ability to manage customer expectations to avoid over promising and under delivering.
- Honesty, Integrity and willingness to learn and grow within the business
- A recognised qualification equivalent to level 3 NVQ in Mechanical Fitting
- SMSTS Card and IOSH Qualification
- Any work on Piling rigs would be advantageous
If you are looking for a new opportunity and fit the above criteria then please get in touch. Call Will on 0115 948 3757 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.