Setting out Engineer - Portsmouth - 9 Month Contract - Starting End of Febraury.
Barker Ross are working with one of the UKs largest civil engineering companies who are currently looking for a engineering for a 9 month contract starting at the end of February.
The ideal candidate will need have experience working with Reinforced Concrete Frames and worked with multi storey complexs.
Location - Portsmouth
The Engineer is an integral member of the Site Operations Team, the team being responsible for the effective and efficient running of the site throughout the delivery of the project
- Where appropriate, carry out the measurement of the executed works for payment purposes.
- Understand and comply with company Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental and Sustainability systems and policies
- Maintaining contract documents in accordance with prescribed procedures and interpreting these to ensure the project is constructed correctly in accordance with latest contract information.
- Ensure, coordinate and manage the engineering provision for the correct dimensional control of the project by setting out using all the methods.
- The keeping of records as required by the project management team.
- Assist other team members to carry out their responsibilities as delegated
- Monitor the safety of the site and take appropriate action as required
- Take off quantities for the ordering of materials and the planned progression of the works
- Preferably will have at least HNC qualification but working knowledge and experience equally relevant
- Able to read and understand construction drawings.
- Capable of using Total Station Survey and GNSS equipment i.e TS16 or Equivilent
- IT literate
- Good communication skills
- Pro-active problem solver
- Relevant engineering software i.e. Auto CAD
- Preferred relevant site experience in; Drainage, Earth works, Roads, Structures
If you are interested in this role please contact Tom Green at Barker Ross on 07824016224 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.