Reporting to the technical team leader, an Engineer duties include but are not limited to:
· Leading the provision of simple technical reports;
· Identifying and developing design solutions;
· Working reliably as part of a technical team to provide high quality service offer to our clients;
· Obtaining information from third parties: OS mapping; utilities searches; highway boundary plans and training others to do so, , working on a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects;
· Taking responsibility for delivering more complex tasks, modelling, calculations or drawings to support Project Managers;
· Developing and demonstrating good communication skills, internally to the project team and externally with clients and third parties;
· Drafting emails and letters to clients, planning officers and other third parties;
· Attending meetings as a client's representative with third parties;
· Development of company business and working with other teams to achieve company targets;
· Highways Design (Section 38 & 278);
· Swept Path Analysis;
· Drainage Design (Section 104, 106 and 185);
· Hydraulic design (piped networks and SuDS design)
The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience of using the following software packages:
· AutoCAD 2D;
· Micro-drainage (desirable but not essential as training can be offered);
· PDS or Civil 3D (desirable but not essential as training can be offered);
· Microsoft Office Suite.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.