My client is an award-winning, long-established FMCG food manufacturer based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire.
A fantastic opportunity has risen for a multi-skilled engineer (electrical bias) who is looking to join an innovative company that uses cutting edge technology.
They have heavily invested in developing the state of the art manufacturing facilities with high speed packing and production machinery.
43.2 hours (average) per week under a rotational 4-week rotational shift system.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical breakdowns, assessing the best course of action and conducting a performance repair
- Monitor all machines and ancillary plant during production
- Follow preventative maintenance and liaise with Engineering Manager regarding spare parts requirements
- Assist with installation work and give assistance to contractors, as and when required, ensuring that site standards are adhered to at all times
- Carry out any repair or maintenance work that is required, whilst ensuring the area or workshop is left in a clean and safe condition.
- Proactively identify ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of repairs through modern lean thinking and techniques
What's required from you?
- At least 4 Year Apprenticeship training (Multi-skilled preferable)
- Experience with equipment maintenance techniques, such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), and Predictive/Preventive Maintenance Techniques.
- Experience in PLC fault finding using either Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi or Siemens PLC's
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC / HND
- Previous Food manufacturing and FMCG experience advantageous but is not essential
- Strong team player who can support colleagues and get involved in various tasks
- Understanding of HACCP and BRC standards
If you do fit the above criteria, my client is willing to pay an attractive salary for the right person. This really is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer!
Please note that all applicants are subject to review by the Barker Ross Food Division. If you do not hear from us within 21 days please assume your application unsuccesful, we will however try speak to all applicants!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.