Electrical Maintenance Controls Engineer
I am currently recruiting for a leading worldwide Manufacturer who have been in business for over 120 years. They are keen to introduce an Experienced Electrical Controls Engineer to the team.
The role of Maintenance Electrical maintenance Controls Engineer is to Design, develop, and supervises all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery. Responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide electrical support to the maintenance department in order to carry out repairs on all plant equipment and associated equipment in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Trouble shooting on a wide variety of electrical, mechanical and PLC controlled machinery.
- Preforming planned and preventative maintenance.
- Assessing need of spare parts.
- Undertake effective planning and prioritisation of work load wherever necessary.
- Ensure that resources are used to optimum effect.
- Understand and operate in line with relevant legislation, Company policy and procedures.
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business.
- Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
- Support other teams and functions as required by the business.
- Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practises operated by the Company.
- Liaise with Coordinator to establish requirements.
- Conforming to health and safety procedures and policies.
- Contribute to continuing improvement of the factory equipment and maintenance.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Work to lean theory (5s)
- Use computer equipment for data purposes.
- Reporting work done and parts used through a computerised maintenance system.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use own initiative to work as an individual or as part of a team unsupervised.
- Ability to operate computer equipment for data purposes.
- Ability to read & produce electrical (engineering) drawings.
- Ability to use a variety of testing equipment.
- Methodical approach to systems and understanding of the importance of standards and established/agreed systems of work.
- Able to make decisions based on experience, have confidence to act and make changes within given boundaries.
- Good personal organisation under pressure from time, internal and external customers..
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop, encourage, motivate and mentor the apprentices.
- Ability to support teams internally and externally, to ensure effectiveness in line with the needs of the business.
- Previous experience of working in similar environment with similar role responsibilities.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of installation processes and technology.
- Previous experience of working towards improving and maintaining quality standards.
- Knowledge of current electrical legislation.
- Familiar with all types of installation including conduit armoured cable tray and trunking work.
- Familiar with planned and preventive maintenance.
- Multi skilled in basic mechanical practices. E.g. refurbishment and replacement of pumps. Pneumatic actuators and valves.
- Engineering commercial installation experience
- In-depth knowledge of inverters, soft starts, 3 phase motors and programmable logic controllers (PLC's)
- Demonstrates a flexible attitude towards work and is able to respond to business priorities appropriately.
- Strong work ethic, must want to do tasks and understand their value.
- Reliable, general timekeeping and honesty, working unsupervised.
- Adaptable over a broad range of work.
- Motivated to take on new areas of work and learn new skills.
Hours of work
Week 1 - Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 6am - 3pm. Saturday 6am - 6pm
Week 2 - Sunday 6am - 6pm, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 6am - 3pm
For more information please contact Nicole Cooling.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.