ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - 6 MONTHS MIN. COUNCIL HOMES REPAIRS.
Provide a design, supervision and contract administration and maintenance service for engineering electrical services for Council schemes or similar projects. Provide electrical design services as required in the execution of the Council's building programme or similar projects.
Service Delivery Management: Carry out the following duties and responsibilities associated with engineering and electrical services:
- Provide a design, contract administration and maintenance service for electrical services for Council schemes or similar projects
- Carry out inspections and report on all electrical installations in Council buildings and act as joint qualifying manager for the Council's registration with NICEIC.
- Carry out site and condition surveys of electrical services in buildings. Provide detailed reports including defect diagnosis with priorities, recommendations and costing's, breaches of legislation and inadequate fire precaution measures
- Ensure that systems are designed and maintained in accordance with all health and safety requirements with due consideration to energy and water conservation.
- Prepare detailed reports, schedules, specifications, drawings, diagrams, estimates and contract documentation to obtain competitive tenders for projects and maintenance work.
- Supervise contracts during the installation phases and carry out site inspections for progress, appropriate technical content and quality of workmanship. Comply with set quality standards and monitor their application to site works.
- Consult with statutory bodies and with private or public utilities.
- Work with schools and other organisations with maintenance responsibilities for Council owned buildings (or other buildings) to ensure that such sites are aware of their maintenance needs and priorities.
- Provide technical advice on the feasibility, practicality and estimated costs of proposals submitted by client departments and schools.
Provide and maintain a high level of professional standards within the Property Design and Maintenance Commercial Team, keeping up to date with technological developments to allow effective advice to be given to clients and the Council on the feasibility, practicality and estimated costs of proposals.
Ensure compliance with most recent Construction (Design and management) (CDM) regulations, assuming the Principal Designer Role as required.
Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge in the application of engineering services repair and maintenance to facilitate constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved.
Out of Hours Emergency Call Out Service: Provide an out of hours emergency call out service on an agreed rota system.
Ensure that all work undertaken complies with relevant statutory legislation, codes of practice and professional guidance documents and statutory regulations including Building, Planning, Listed Building, CDM, Health and Safety at Work, COSHH and the Council's Code of Practice for contractors working in or on Council establishments.
Ensure compliance with most recent CDM regulations, assuming the Principal Designer Role as required.
Ensure all work complies with the Council's Constitution, rules, policies and procedures and departmental instructions.
Pay Rate £14.06 per hour.
For more information on the role please call Lewis immediately on 07726995912 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.