I am currently recruiting on behalf of West Mercia Police for a Duties Planner.
Proactively plan and manage resources to ensure that the combined Forces of Warwickshire and West Mercia
Police can deliver the full range of policing outputs for current and contingent operations throughout their
areas of responsibility.
* Provide specialist knowledge and advice to Local Policing Area Command Teams, Heads of Business and other Partners (Force Duty Inspectors and Ops Planning staff) in respect of resourcing as it is affected by European and National legislation governing working time regulations.
* Plan, force generate and manage the resources for all routine and emergency policing operations, special and major no-notice large or small scale events across two Force Areas covering four counties.
* Manage the resources across the two Forces to ensure preferred staffing levels (PSLs) are achieved and maintained, whilst simultaneously prioritising and planning for routine and bespoke authorised abstractions for mandatory training, annual leave, sickness and flexible working arrangements.
* Plan, implement and manage the Alliance's Annual Leave policy for all Police staff and Officers across the two Forces and manage the resultant abstractions.
* Conduct 'over the horizon' resource planning out to twelve months taking into account the policing needs of both Warwickshire and West Mercia Police Forces, their PSLs, notified special events and forecast abstractions.
* Collate, analyse and prepare a range of management information and statistics relating to staffing and abstraction levels, time off in lieu, overtime and annual leave for Policing Area Command Teams, Heads of Business and Partner Agencies such as other Police Forces and HMIC.
* In conjunction with our IT service provider CAPITA and other partner agencies undertake periodic testing of ORIGIN DMS in order to develop IT system enhancements, policies and operating procedures relating directly to resource management.
* To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
- Grade A-C GCSE s in English and Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of European and National legislation governing working time regulations.
- Knowledge of The Police Regulations 2003 amended up to and including the Police (Amendment No. 3) Regulations 2012 S.I. 2012 1960 and the associated Home Secretary's determinations.
- Experience of large scale resource planning and major event management in a demanding, dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to work and think independently.
- Competent in the use of IT including a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel and bespoke software programmes.
- Problem solving
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills both verbal and written.
Shift pattern including unsocial hours and weekend working.
If you would like to apply for this position please email your CV or call 0116 3666181
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.