Barker Ross are recruiting for PSV, DCAT drivers for our client based in Islington. You will be responsible for driving (PSV, DCAT)and operating school buses, Transport children and young people from home to school and on there return journeys. You will also be required to also support any educational needs and requirements.
This is an ongoing contract for 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year - Additional work may be available.
Duties will be to:
- To undertake scheduled rounds and other journeys as directed.
- To carry out Curriculum driving duties as required.
- Ferrying vehicles of a type permitted by your driving licence to and from designated locations.
- Acting as a temporary Passenger Assistant when necessary.
- The collection and delivery of stores of a light nature (reasonable for one person to handle) or other items to and from various locations as directed.
- Delivery and handling of school meals.
You will be able to:
- Met deadlines and keep to a strict time table
- Adhere to PSV/PCV/ DCATand CPC regulations
- ensuring that vehicles are checked daily for road worthiness, reporting any defects and carrying out any running repairs that fall within the area of responsibility
- ensure that all vehicle accessories, particularly seat restraints and harnesses, and wheelchair clamps and straps are checked daily, report any defects and carrying out any running repairs that fall within the area of responsibility
- Be courteous, polite and helpful at all times and maintain good working relationships with everyone.
This role will require us to obtain an enhanced satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service, formally known and the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Disclosure.
If you possess and have at least 2 years experience in driving PSV, DCAT licence and have a full DCPC, (driver Certificate of Professional Competence) please call our office now for more details. 01604 634479
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.