Domiciliary Care Worker
Location: Various Locations across the West Midlands
Salary: £8.50 - £10.50 per hour - Depending on Experience
Job type: Long Term Temporary
Hours: Full Time (days and nights available on rota basis)
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for Domiciliary Care Workers on behalf of a client with homes based across the West Midlands including Coventry, Leamington, Stratford Upon Avon and Birmingham. This will involve supporting adults within their own homes usually for periods of up to two hours a time, helping them with daily chores such as cleaning, preparing meals and any personal assistance they need. Whilst these small jobs may seem insignificant they can make a huge difference to service users who are otherwise unable to complete these tasks. Allowing them to keep their independence and remain in their own homes.
- To visit nominated Service Users, at times directed by the Care Coordinators and management.
- Aware of signs of distress or anxiety in Service Users; any deterioration in physical and /or mental health, or safety of the environment and able to report this to management.
- To carry out all tasks in a way that demonstrates respect for the privacy, dignity and value of all users, irrespective of severity or disability or personal circumstances.
- Personal Care [When Specified on the Care Plan] Assist Service Users in/out of bed, chairs, etc., using agreed procedures.
- Assist Service Users in (un)dressing, care of aids and personal equipment (hearing aids, glasses, dentures, prosthesis, etc). Assist Service Users in all aspects of personal hygiene, i.e. washing, shaving, showering etc. Assist Service Users in feeding
- Assist Service Users to access toilet facilities, emptying commodes and disposal of incontinence materials, using agreed health and safety procedures.
- Undertake essential shopping, payment of bills.
- Actively encourage Service Users, according to their capabilities, to participate in all aspects of daily living activities
- Develop and maintain personal contact with the Service User through talking and listening
- As required maintain accurate, legible, record and submit them on a regular basis to the manager
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Must have 6 months experience within healthcare
Full UK drivers licence and access to own car
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Sean Rees at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively simply apply to this advert online.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.