My client is Tier 1 Main Contractor who has just started construction work on a £100m Design & Build Regeneration project in Swansea. Project consists of Stadia, Residential, Multi Storey Car Park and Feature Bridge over a 2.5 year time frame.
The client is now recruiting for a Design Manager to join their team in Swansea on a permanent long term basis to see out this project from start to finish, with the desire to stay with the company after this project is complete.
As the Design Manager, you will work alongside the Senior Design Manager across the entire project with duties including but not limited to:
- Managing the design process during the pre-construction and as required, the construction phase.
- Fully investigate Value engineering and value creation opportunities.
- Interrogation of enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer's Requirements.
- Production of a Contractor's Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Drive innovative and cost effective solutions into the design.
- Progress design issues within a strict timescale & ensure designers meet information delivery dates.
- Review Sub contractor design proposals.
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers.
- Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities and fees are agreed.
- Facilitate the completion of a project risk register.
The successful candidate should be looking for a long term role within this organisation. Whilst you will be working on this major project for the next 2.5 years, the client is looking for candidates who wish to progress their career within the business and as such, promote from within and give options to move to various offices around the country.
- Minimum 10 years experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Design
- Has seen through at least 2 building project in excess of £10m from start to finish
- Mixed Use, Healthcare, Education or Leisure project experience (Build)
- Design & Build experience
- Ideally have experience with Concrete or Steel Frames
- Architectural background is highly desirable
- Main Contractor experience
£52,000 to £62,000 per year negotiable dependant on experience
For more information, apply today and one of the team will be in contact shortly to discuss in further details
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.