Design Manager - Special Projects - Walsall - £45-55k - 25 Days Holiday - Company Car/Car Allowances
One of the UK's largest Design & Build Companies operating in both the public and private realms, their internal divisions enable them to deliver a broad spectrum of projects across multiple sectors. Their Build, Interiors, Renew and Special Projects divisions all work in collaboration and have dedicated teams with multiple skills and resources available across the Group.
As the Design Manger you will be reporting to the operations manager and will be responsible for the co-ordination of all design consultants:
- Ensure the flow of technical information for designated contracts
- Control and co-ordinate all technical information between external consultants and internal departments
- Ensure all approvals are obtained and information received issued to allow for a prompt start
You will be working on projects form £1m to £6m including works in the commercial, education, residential, industrial and custodial sectors.
As a Design Manager you should have a minimum of five years experience involving:
- Co-ordination of design teams including architects, engineers, sub-contractors and other consultants
- Identifying risks and opportunities during the early stages of projects to maximize quality and value
- Managing the expectations of clients and agreeing design data and sign off
- Chairing design team meetings and managing progress including issuing minutes
- Building close relationships with local authorities and Statutory Services
- Maintain the design management plan across all stages of the process and applying strategies
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.