Design Manager - Customer design
Your passion and understanding of design/brand creative will ensure that our customers engagement, loyalty and trust continues to grow by delivering the best possible in store/omni channel experience. As a subject matter expert in design you will be instrumental to driving sales and business performance by defining and delivering world class creative execution. This will include accountability for all the visual equities of the in-store customer journey and where appropriate packaging. During the creative development process, you will need to ensure the creative is considered for all other Customer touch points.
You will manage and drive both the creative vision for key projects and design processes for relevant projects in line with the activity plan for the in-store customer design team . You'll ensure that all activity is approved or challenged where necessary and allocated to Design Specialists and Design Agencies in conjunction with the own brand food design team (where packaging is part of the event) & or the in-store customer implementation team to agreed activity timescales. You'll manage and nurture the relationships with in-store brand, in-store customer implementation team, marketing and trading teams as well as design agencies. You'll take responsibility for delivering a percentage of the creative development of the event activity and specific customer journey creative projects where appropriate. The role is broadly a 50/50 split of creative delivery and process/team management.
Role specific objectives
· Help to identify creative opportunities to position my client as best in class in the marketplace for the in-store customer journey experience.
· Support the Senior Design Manager on design projects to ensure continuity and richness of creative thinking.
· Support the Senior Design Managers to continually evolve the Event DNA on a rolling annual basis ensuring a consistent brand experience for the Customer.
· Ensure team are skilled & equipped to manage the design development of all activity from creative concept through to confirmed guidelines and master templates.
· Ensure the team are fully engaged to immerse the In-store Customer Journey execution team for roll out of all projects, validating throughout the implementation process to ensure a consistent brand and design experience.
· Ensure full autopsy of each event / project is undertaken including regular benchmarks of competitor & non-competitor activity on a global and national level to continually improve the customer journey experience, and inspire the team.
· Line management responsibility of Design Specialists.
· Lead the Design Specialists by coaching and sharing to instil an everyday culture of a highly creative design team.
· Support the Senior Design Managers to source new agency partners where appropriate and new ways of working to deliver World Class creative with a high level of agility & in line with LCOM challenges.
· Support the Senior Design Managers to identify in-house capabilities and opportunities to continue to evolve the excellence of the creative team.
· Responsible for approving and challenging briefed activity - alerting Senior Managers to opportunities or challenges
· Responsible for the planning and allocating of all activity in line with the business priorities, targeting to achieve all milestones are green.
· Support the Senior Design Managers with the design agency relationships, and performance reviews
· Support the Senior Design Manager in budget planning, the management of cost matrix, invoicing and liaising with Procurement where necessary.
· Support the Senior Design manager in goal setting, KRA development, PDPs
What you'll need
· Proven Graphic design qualifications and experience within the design industry /experience in retail
· A thorough understanding of the creation and application of design guidelines
· Have a good understanding of basic marketing principles (i.e. CIM trained)
· A reputation for organisational and time management skills
· Strong influencing and presentation skills by showing clear understanding and articulation of design strategy
· Excellent communication skills
· Outstanding attention to detail
· A talent for relationship building and networking
· Coaching & teambuilding skills
· Strategic thinking ability and vision - from fine detail to big picture
· Resilience, tenacity and flexibility
· Ability to work at pace
For more information please contact Nicole Cooling.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.