Design Manager (£50k + Package)
A great opportunity has a risen for a design manager to be based in Mansfield to work on large education projects.
A family owned multi award winning construction company operating across the East Midlands and South Yorkshire.
Projects consist of design and build, new build, conservation and repairs and maintenance, have a robust approach to skills and training and go the extra mile on any project they work on.
Sectors their projects are based are Education, Heritage, Housing and regeneration.
This can be a challenging and highly satisfying role with the design manager playing a key part in the success of a building project. You will be highly motivated, professional individuals and are asked to use their organisational skills to bring together architects, structural engineers and services engineers, along with specialist designers, with the aim of producing a coordinated design.
- Managing a design team.
- Managing the design process using his/her commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
- Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the requirements and his/her obligations in the development of a building design.
- Encouraging and inspiring design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way.
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
As the Design Manager must be a good forward planner and a excellent motivator as you will a manage team with different goals to enable them to work together to produce a coordinated and coherent design. You will need to be able to keep cool under pressure and need good people skills, the ability present your ideas effectively and to be able to evaluate the ideas of others whilst in meetings. You Will need an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of a construction project and be efficient document managers.
You must have the following:
- 5 GCSEs (A-C Grade) or equivalent (it's useful if you've taken subjects such as maths, science, geography, information technology or design technology)
- A BTEC in Building Studies, Building Engineering or Building Management or a HNC / HND / Degree in Construction Management or Architecture (including an industrial placement).
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.