Barker Ross are currently have a vacancy for a Deputy Manager, based in Rushden, Northamptonshire.
Both roles are 38 hours per week, allowing for 2 x 8 hour shifts in the office . My client is a privately owned Healthcare group which currently operates five care homes for the elderly, but with significant expansion plans for the future.
The purpose of the role is to assist the Home Manager in all aspects of the day to day running of the home on a 24 hour basis. To ensure all aspects of care delivery within the home meet the highest Care Standards as defined by CQC, the local PCT.
Below is just a brief description
1. Care Plans - Ensure that care plans are produced within the timeframes required by company policy when a new service user enters the home, ensure that all care plans are evaluated at least once every calendar month, ensure that the care plan audits always score in excess of 70.0%.
2. Medication - Ensure that all staff are fully competent with medication, ensure weekly audits are completed, ensure medication is requested in plenty of time, ensure medication is booked in on a timely basis, ensure all old medication is returned to the pharmacy every month.
3. Management of Nursing Staff - Ensure that all nurse shifts are covered without the use of agency (including filling in to cover any shifts that can't be covered with your own team), running shifts well, all nurses supervisions and assistance with care staff supervisions, assistance with performance managing nurse staff.
- Leadership skills / Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good time management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Relevant Nursing Qualification.
- Minimum of three years' experience in nursing home setting of which at least one year must be with people living with dementia
- Awareness of the principles of Person Centred Care Planning
- Excellent clinical skills
- Full Driving Licence
- Be responsible for the management of the home when on duty and sole charge when the manager is not at work
- Create clear and effective lines of communication and working relationships, both within the home and with families, other professionals and agencies involved in the care of residents
- Attend meetings where appropriate
- Initiate investigation of any incidents, accidents or complaints that arise under direction of the Home Manager
- Keep abreast of new and developing services in the field of Residential and Nursing Care and particularly clinical skills to ensure personal professional competency and that of the nursing team is maintained
Management of Staff
- Manage the nurses' rota on a day to day basis to ensure sufficient numbers and skill mix of those on duty to meet the needs of the residents and that all nurse shifts are covered. Cover any shifts that your nurse team can't cover.
- Manage your nurse teams' holidays to ensure the above can be achieved
- Ensure all staff instil a culture of putting service users' needs first
- Ensure all staff exemplify all of the Jasmine Values
- Ensure staff supervisions for all nursing staff are done every two months and relevant concerns or development needs are fed back to the Home Manager
- Ensure that all clinical training needs are met under the direction of the Home Manager
- To be actively involved with recruitment, interviewing and induction of all nursing staff to the home
Care Plans & Service User Care
- To be competent in being able to fully compile a person centred care plan
- With the Manager and Deputy Manager - Care ensure all care plans are updated and evaluated at least every calendar month or sooner where required. Primary responsibility for all nursing resident's care plans
- To ensure that the home always achieves over 70% on its care plans audits and that the care plan audit action plans are signed off within less than a month and preferably by the end of the calendar month that it is done
- Ensure that the individuality of each service user is maintained by developing an awareness of, and, accommodating as far as is possible, their needs and requirements
- Promoting the overall well-being of service users by ensuring that they have access to all outside agencies (i.e. dentist) and maintain contact with their families and friends
- Ensure that the residents are provided with the highest standard of care and evidence recorded of same
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.