Deputy Cleaning Supervisor
Purpose of Role
To assist in supervising the work of the cleaning staff and work as part of a small on-site residential cleaning team undertaking cleaning of designated residential buildings to ensure that they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- To carry out routine residential accommodation cleaning in accordance with the cleaning schedule as directed by the Cleaning Supervisor. This may include some external cleaning
- Cleaning, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying bins, washing, dusting and polishing surfaces including floors, walls, tables etc.
- Filling in for the Supervisor when required (during periods of sickness, absence, annual leave etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service and a prompt response to any task given
- Monitor and replenish consumables within cleaning cupboards and containers as required
- To advise the Supervisor of low stock levels of consumables in good time
- Adopt safe working practices in line with the H&S guidelines whilst using appropriate equipment (i.e. vacuums etc.) where necessary
- Wear protective clothing/equipment as instructed
- Act as an effective member of the Facilities team, to help maintain good working relationships with colleagues and staff alike
- To be able to rearrange tasks to cover absences and prioritize areas
- Advise Helpdesk/Maintenance of any building issues encountered during the cleaning process
- Create and implement rotas and clean schedules
- Provide training
- Some administrative work
- Ensure that all areas are cleaned to the highest standards at all times
- Maintain good Health & Safety standards at all times
- Ensure equipment is cleaned, maintained and stored correctly
To succeed in this role, you will need (to have/be):
- Experience of working in a similar role within the sector
- Experience with cleaning methods and equipment including deep cleaning machinery
- Good attention to detail
- Proactive in being able to spot areas that need improving
- Resourceful and self motivated
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and use initiative
- Reliable and responsible with a flexible approach to work
- Good communication skills
- (BICSc qualification would be desired though not essential as relevant training will be provided)
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.