An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of Defensive Driver Trainer (DDA) at their site in Maidstone.
As ambassador of driver training you will ensure the transport team are trained to the highest standards, ensuring safety comes first and ensures drivers are not only legally compliant but is trained and coached to the highest standards.
The job holder will perform driver training, inductions and assessments to meet Department of Transport and Company operational, security, health & safety, risk and legal requirements.
You will also oversee, co-ordinate and manage on a day to day basis, all matters related to driver legal compliance and adherence to company operating procedures in order to meet Department of Transport, Customer and Company requirements. You will provide advice and timely training support to ensure standards are met.
- Thorough knowledge of Transport Legal Compliance, O Licences, Risk and Health & Safety Procedures and legislation.
- Different vehicle types and makes.
- Transport industry and market sector experience/knowledge.
- PC applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Digital Tachographs and tachograph management systems.
- IOSH (desirable) .
- Management skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire people to want to improve performance.
- Tenacious and positive in approach.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Risk Assessments.
- Accident investigation.
- Certificate of Professional Competence Road Transport Operations holder (desirable).
- Driver CPC.
- Full clean driving licence.
- HGV C&E Licence.
- RoSPA Assessor Qualification (desirable).
- Train the Trainer or equivalent qualification (preferred).
- Approved Driving Instructor (desirable).
- SAFED (desirable)
The salary for this opportunity is c£30k-£35k with an excellent benefits package.
For immediate consideration please send your CV for immediate consideration!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.