Barker Ross are recruiting for a Data Protection Officer in the Derby area on a 3 Month contract based on 37 hours per week at a rate of £19.23ph to act as a team leader for the Information Governance Team, and deputise a Data Protection Officer. The Information Governance Team is responsible for advising employees and customers on a range of issues such as; data protection, freedom of information (FOI) and environmental information.
Roles & Responsibilities
Other responsibilities of the successful candidate in this position will include (but not limit to);
- Overseeing FOI and data protection compliance
- People management
- Advising on complex information governance matters
- Reviewing information sharing agreements & governance policies
- Interpreting legislation, standards and case law
Successful candidates must hold the following traits for the position;
- Experience of managing a team
- An extensive and in-depth knowledge of DPA, FOI & EIR legislation
- High level of literacy and numeracy skills for the development of policies, procedures, communications, training courses, report writing and self-assessment audits
- A flexible and a can do approach
- Knowledge of and understanding of the workings of the Information Commissioner's Office in terms of its role, the sanctions it can apply etc.
If you are interested in the role and would like to learn more about the role please apply today!
Alternatively, please register with Barker Ross at https://online.barkerross.co.uk/#/register to be contacted directly regarding this position and any other roles which are released.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.