Currently recruiting for an experienced Credit Controller, on a temporary basis for a Global supplyer based in Sheffield
Duties will include
- Develop and maintain working relationships with customers in order to facilitate efficient collections of cash to meet targets
- Develop close working relationships with commercial, technical and finance personnel, banking and credit management teams to promote co-operation and resolution of issues and improve the efficiency of the cash collection
- Responsible for the accurate and timely allocation of customer payments to the account, investigating and resolving any unallocated payments or disputed items in order to efficiently manage the sales ledger
- Identify cash flow risk situations using persistence and probing approach to resolve or escalate to the Credit Manager where necessary
- Attend meetings with commercial account teams to discuss and explain current performance, resolve disputed items and seek improvements
- Analysis of customer payment information for regular reports on collections metrics, including those for external parties
- Monitor and discuss overdue debts with commercial and credit management, providing input for the recommendations to suspend orders/deliveries
- Inform Treasury team of expected and actual cash receipts for cash planning and forecasting purposes
- Identify and escalate potential systems and process improvements to the Section Leader in order promote continuous improvement and increased efficiency.
- Evaluate and initiate recovery proceedings for significantly overdue payments, and comply with requirements of credit insurers to monitor these aged debts
The ideal candidate will have the following skills
- Good standard of general education.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Proven collections experience of at least 3 years is an essential requirement for the role to be performed effectively.
- Good working knowledge of both PC-based and mainframe legacy computer systems is required,
- A wide number of systems used in addition to SAP, and Navision.
- Strong team working and relationship building skills, along with good written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellant sound judgement and the ability to prioritise own workload are all essential. Industry experience preferred but not essential
This is cira 3 month temporary contract with SAP and NAVISION experience essential
36.5 hrs per week
Salary £19,000 to £23,000
Please contact : Tara Goacher - Barker Ross 0116 2042608
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.