£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Full Time, Permanent
Are you an experienced Credit Analyst? Are you looking for an exciting NEW opportunity to work within a large company that continues to expand? If so, our client a large Steel Fabrication business based in Sheffield, are looking to appoint a Credit Analyst to join their vibrant and friendly team on a Full Time, Permanent basis.
About The Role
The Credit Analyst will be responsible for the administration, monitoring and maintenance of credit management systems and processes. Supporting the business in defining and executing the right balance between effective credit management and commercial appetite, as the business embarks on a growth strategy; The individual needs to have the skills and experience to be able to drive this work with minimal supervision and instruction.
Reporting to the Transactional Manager, duties will involve but are not limited processes associated with credit vetting, exposure management and credit insurance systems for both new and existing customers.
Responsibilities (will include but are not limited to):
- Undertake credit checks for New Account Requests, confirming the identity of the legal entity and obtaining required paperwork
- Setting of credit limits, based on the credit checks performed, and once approved updating of these limits in the relevant system
- Conducting credit control duties as and when required
- Liaise with credit insurers and brokers to obtain approval for insurance limits and update commercial teams with outcome of request, including updating the system
- Review and process increased limit requests received from commercial, working in provided guidelines to ascertain whether additional credit insurance should be sought
- Work with credit controllers to understand accounts that are at risk, or where payments are overdue, and assess and update limits accordingly with input and discussion from Transactional Manager and Credit Controllers
- Work with Credit Controllers and insurers to process insurance claims where insured debts become irrecoverable and due to claim
- Ensure that credit reviews are planned and performed to timetable
- Develop and maintain systems aimed at producing a reliable assessment of the credit worthiness of customers
- In conjunction with Credit Managers, develop and maintain systems to pro-actively manage exposure levels in line with approved credit limits
- In conjunction with senior credit managers provide specialist credit advice and guidance to the BU Finance and Commercial teams for continuous process improvement in the credit management operation
- Develop and maintain KPIs for both credit analysts and credit managers
- Ensure all deadlines are met and in accordance with department procedures
The Ideal Candidate will possess
- Educated to 'A' level standard or possessing a relevant qualification
- A strong Credit Analyst background and understanding of the activities process
- Experience of working with Credit Insurers and Brokers
- Strong team working and relationship building skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an ability to interact and influence internal stakeholders
- Strong IT skills
- An ability to prioritise own workload
Package & Benefits
- A salary of £25,000 to £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 35 days holiday
- Up to 16% combined pension contribution
- Access to Occupational Health
- Career progression
Interested? Please apply now! Alternatively, call Michelle on 01163666167 or 07718756311 for more information or email your CV to email@example.com
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.