A fast paced, active role sorting recyling commercial waste (Paper, Card & Plastic) 90% counter balance.
x 3 days training provided (after an initial proficiency test)
permanent based on a 3 month probationary period.
£9.35 Per hour (this includes a shift allowance)
Health and Safety is a priority and random drugs tests will be carried out
Role and Responsibilities;
This role is central to the production team and the day to day tasks include but are not limited to
· Using a variety of mobile plant - including fork lifts and clamp trucks,
· Loading and offloading vehicles in a timely manner- including containers, flat bed lorries and curtain sided vehicles.
· Processing and sorting dry, source segregated recyclable materials using mobile plant and feeding production baling equipment in line with specific training.
· Ensuring mobile plant is clean and in good working order - documenting condition and reporting defects
· Controlling the quality of incoming material on a day to day basis and providing feedback to Team Leaders; completion of relevant documentation accordingly
· Maintaining high standard of housekeeping on site on a day to day basis
Ensure compliance with relevant Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation
· Previous experience in using mobile plant mandatory
· Previous experience in operating counterbalance with attachments or plant used to load/unload is desired but not essential as training will be provided
· Previous work experience in the recycling industry desired but not essential
· Able to think creatively, act on own judgement with minimal supervision and work as part of a team
· Integrity and initiative
· Good attention to detail and focus on quality
· Ability to prioritise workload effectively
· Results driven; focused on achieving required objectives and targets
· Self-motivated, with a desire for continual improvement
· Flexible and adaptable in order to achieve the aims of the business
Should be able to undertake other duties as required within scope of skills, knowledge, experience and / or qualifications
Shifts Alternate each week Early 0500am - 14:00pm Mon to Fri, Sat 0530am- 11:00am (48hours)
Late Shift 1120am - 2200pm Monday, 1200pm 2200pm Tuesday - Friday (no weekend)
Role: Skid Steer - Tele handler driver - Forklift operator - Machine operative - HGV shunter driver would be an advantage
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.