We are currently looking for a Counter Assistant for a leading National Tool & Plant Hire Company in the Gloucester depot, who is a major supplier for the construction industry.
Our client is a national tool hire organisation, that offer exceptional training, career development, job diversity, as well as long term stability. To be successful in the position of counter assistant, it is required that you have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Takes charge when branch manager is unavailable, resolving issues, banking etc.
- Helps manage staff and branch's day to day activities.
- Trains staff on equipment, processes and procedures.
- Has financial awareness, understands turnover, profitability P&L, budgets, and target.
- Helps maintain profitability.
- Make decisions on customer discounts.
- Health and Safety
- Ensures compliance with Health and Safety in terms of the warehouse, staff and customers.
- Stock Control
- Completes stock takes.
- Orders consumables for equipment and orders stationery.
- Orders equipment to ensure appropriate stock levels.
- Organises driver routes to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Completes all relevant paperwork accurately.
- Customer Care
- Facilitates sales within the branch, both face to face and on the telephone and ensures efficiency and profitability.
- Deals with customers enquiries both sales and resolving issues.
- Keeps up to date with equipment, advising and demonstrating equipment.
- Ensures equipment is ready for hire.
- Builds customer relationships, helps to retain existing business and maximise sales.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proven construction sector based Counter Assistant who is keen to work for the market leader. Please do not hesitate in forwarding an up to date CV.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.