I am currently recruiting on behalf of West Mercia Police for a Corporate Communications Team leader.
To ensure the supervision, prioritisation, co-ordination, development and delivery of communications activity of Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police to inform, influence and engage its communities, stakeholders, partners and workforce. This is achieved through the delivery of targeted communications using channels that are appropriate to our audiences and the provision of specialist communications advice and support. These communications should be outcome focused and build the public's trust and confidence in Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police.
- Lead the daily supervision, prioritisation, delegation and co-ordination of the Corporate Communications Officers and Apprentices in respect of all activities, facilities, services and resources, including the provision of expert advice, guidance, interpretation and support to senior officers, managers, stakeholders, partners and the media in support of corporate decision-making and activity.
- Lead team members and take individual responsibility to plan, develop and implement tactical communications plans.
- Provide tactical communications advice and guidance to executive, senior officers / managers.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of communications theory, methods, practices and legislation, particularly media law.
- 6. Represent professionally and promote the reputation of Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police and the Enabling Services Directorate.
- Deliver advice and training to enhance the communication capability and capacity of the workforce and support the work of the Communications Officers and Apprentices with advice and guidance through expert knowledge and experience.
- Support the development and implementation of appropriate policies and guidance. Ensure Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police comply with relevant legal requirements and national best practice.
- Ensure personal responsibility and that of team members make best use of appropriate technology, good communication practice and devise innovative, effective communication solutions to deliver targeted communications to meet the forces' priorities. Deliver key messages and communications using internal communication channels, digital and social media, media communication channels and marketing opportunities.
- Support the development of the forces' digital and social media presence and development of wider key communication channels (e.g. internet and intranet systems).
- Engage with service suppliers e.g. monitoring agencies, news management system suppliers, photographic services, graphic design, print buying and digital advertising.
- Seek out new communication approaches and tactics to increase public confidence and satisfaction in police services utilising a range of channels.
- Establish and maintain professional and positive working relationships with key stakeholders, including media organisations, partners and community based organisations to extend the reach of police communications. Negotiate and consult with both internal and external stakeholders to protect and manage risks to the reputation of the forces. In particular, manage and enhance the reputation of the forces through local, national and international, specialist, social and digital media.
- Provide effective and efficient written communications and information which positively and proactively promote the forces.
- Provide specialist advice and support to the Corporate Communications Officers and Apprentices. Undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post. Deputise for the Deputy Head of Corporate Communications as required.
- Participate in an on call rota to provide 24/7 availability to provide strategic (Gold level) advice, guidance and direction to manage risks to public confidence in the forces and / or response to major and critical incidents.
* Relevant specialist professional qualification e.g. Degree or Diploma in
communications, journalism, marketing, PR.
* Excellent knowledge of media law, ethics and codes of conduct and an
understanding of the production, distribution and consumption of all forms
of media, including new and multi media.
* Excellent knowledge of marketing theory and campaigns, internal
communications, digital and new media marketing and multi media
* Experience of supervising and co-ordinating specialist communications
work and related performance management at individual and team level.
* Experience of delivering wide communications activity, including crisis and
reputation communications management and communications strategy
development and delivery within a large and complex organisation.
* Experience of communications campaign development, reputation management, digital communications delivery (including social media) and
* Experience of successfully developing and implementing communication
and public relations strategies and delivery plans to effectively manage
complex, high profile, fast moving and politically sensitive incidents or
* Experience of providing training to enhance the communication capability
and capacity of the organisation's workforce.
* Experience of leading communication projects
* Experience of using local, regional and national media coverage and other
publications to deliver organisational aims and objectives.
* Experience of advising and influencing internal and external stakeholders e.g.
photographic services, creative concept or total marketing or digital
If you are interested in the above role, please submit your C.V.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.