Corporate Communications Officer
Fixed Term Contract or Agency Temp for 12 months
Full Time - Weekdays, required to work unsociable hours with some weekend work, and travel around Warwickshire and surrouonding areas
Salary £30,483 - £32,259
Closing Date 25th June 2018
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a specialist communications professional to lead recruitment campaigns for Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police as the forces seeks to invest in its workforce in its mission to protect people from harm. Recruitment of the highest standard officers, staff and volunteers is essential for the two forces as they meet the needs of their communities and face the challenges of the future. This role will support our award winning Recruitment Team by putting in place targeted communications using channels that are appropriate to attract the right people to the varied roles that make up the police workforce.
We are looking for enthusiastic, talented and creative candidates to work within our Recruitment Team to provide high level communications advice and guidance while leading on campaigns and projects.
* Develop and deliver tactical communication strategies, initiatives and plans (internal and external) in line with change programme and project priorities using a wide range of communication channels. Lead on specific areas of communications as identified by the Corporate Communications Team Leader (Change Programme).
* Provide strategic advice and guidance to senior officers / managers in relation to major and critical organisational and change matters and corporate reputation risks.
* Develop and deliver advice and training to enhance the communication capability and capacity of the workforce.
* Develop and implement appropriate change programme strategies and guidance. Ensure Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police comply with relevant legal requirements and national best practice.
* Make best use of appropriate technology, good communication practice and devise innovative, effective communication solutions to deliver targeted communications to meet operational priorities. Deliver key messages and communications using internal communication channels, digital and social media, media communication channels and marketing opportunities. Support the development of the forces' digital and social media presence.
* Manage service suppliers as required e.g. photographic services, creative concept and total marketing solution suppliers
* Seek out new communication approaches to increase public confidence and satisfaction in police services utilising a range of channels.
* Establish and maintain professional and positive working relationships with key stakeholders, including media organisations, partners and community-based organisations to extend the reach of police communications. Negotiate and consult with both internal and external stakeholders to protect and manage risks to the reputation of the forces. In particular, manage and enhance the reputation of the forces through local, national and international, specialist, social and digital media.
* Provide effective and efficient written communications and information which positively and proactively promote the forces, build public confidence and enhance community safety and reassurance through communication channels and products to reach internal and external audiences.
* Undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post and deputise for the Corporate Communications Team Leader (Change Programme) as required.
* Level 3 (or equivalent) qualification
* Extensive knowledge of media law, ethics and codes of conduct and an understanding of the production, distribution and consumption of all forms of media, including new and multimedia.
* Extensive knowledge of marketing theory, internal communications, marketing campaigns, digital and new media marketing and multimedia systems and tools (e.g. internet, intranet systems and social media channels).
* Experience of delivering communications, including crisis and reputation communications management and communications strategy development and delivery within a large and complex organisation.
* Experience of communications campaign development, reputation management, digital communications delivery (including social media) and internal communications.
* Experience of commissioning and managing service providers e.g. monitoring agencies, news management system suppliers, photographic services, graphic design, print buying and digital advertising.
* Experience of providing training to enhance the communication capability and capacity of the organisation's workforce.
* Experience of leading communication projects and initiatives from concept to implementation and evaluation.
* Experience of advising and influencing senior internal and external stakeholders.
* Experience of delivering corporate change communications.
* Experience of using local, regional and national media coverage and other publications to deliver organisational aims and objectives.
* Experience of delivering tactical communication plans to effectively manage complex, high profile, fast moving and politically sensitive incidents or operations
* Experience of working in an emergency service or similar fast-paced communications environment.
* A degree in a specialist relevant subject such as communications, journalism or media or a relevant professional qualification, e.g. NCTJ.
* Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with key communication stakeholders across the organisation, governance bodies, local government and key media.
* Experience of project management.
Key Skills Essential:
* High level of strategic thinking and analysis
* Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
* High level of influenci
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.