Barker Ross are recruiting for an Accountant in the Bristol area on a 5 Month contract based on 37 hours a week, Mon - Fri at a rate of £20.58ph to join a corporate organisation being accountable for the preparation and maintenance of all financial statements and ensuring compliance with required legal and regulatory standards, including developing and adapting existing internal financial governance and policy arrangements.
The post holder must hold a relevant degree or equivalent alongside a full professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) or at least 5 years relevant experience in a financial environment specifically including budget setting, forward planning and financial and performance monitoring.
The role will require the successful applicant to assist with the closing of accounts and completion and production of statutory publications ensuring that financial systems, practices and procedures are sound and in accordance with Standing Orders and Financial regulations.
Other Key accountabilities of the position will include (but not limited to);
- Motivate, develop and performance manage a team of finance professionals in order to raise their capability and ensure they deliver quality financial.
- Contribute to developing and implementing Financial Planning and Strategy.
- To liaise with and manage the business relationship with auditors (external and internal) and other regional finance teams.
- Management of all balance sheet reconciliations and the remaining exchequer function including, accounts payable, payment runs (BACS and Cheques) and management of the Construction Industry Tax scheme, cashiering and income receivable.
- Adapt, develop, implement and monitor processes and procedures used in preparing monthly capital forecasts for department and programme managers to ensure that accounting best practice is applied.
If you are interested in the role and would like to learn more about the role please apply today!
Alternatively, please register with Barker Ross at https://online.barkerross.co.uk/#/register to be contacted directly regarding this position and any other roles which are released.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.