Position: Contracts Manager (Metal Roofing)
Location: West Kingsdown (Sevenoaks), Kent
Package: £50,000 - £60,000 + Car Allowance + Perks
Reporting to: Operations Manager
- The day to day preparation and oversight of major projects
- To organise labour and negotiating for orders
- Offer support to other departments with regards to contractual issues, working closely with the Regional Operations Manager.
- Full understand of all aspects of the contracting process, and technical building requirements.
- Identifying labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents.
- Computing costs by analysing labour, material and time requirements.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Organisation and capability to meet deadlines
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Identifying areas for improvement within company's contracting processes.
- To represent the company in a professional manner whilst carrying out your duties
- To operate well as part of team, willing to speak up and take lead when required
- To be proactive and have a determined approach to business
- To always act in the best interests of the company
- Develop a good understanding of internal systems and how they interlink
- To be prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Demonstrate the highest levels of financial compliance
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, good practice and policy
- Demonstrate a commitment to effective team working
- Proven main contractor experience working in a commercial and/or residential role on Metal Roofing contracts within the Construction/Commercial sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of drafting, evaluating and negotiating of contracts
- Manage record keeping for all contract related correspondence and documentation
- Good communication and time management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of contractual obligations under various forms of contracts
- Excellent IT skills including the use of internal cost systems and particularly advanced in Excel.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.