Contractor & Facilities Co-ordinator
I am currently recruiting for a fantastic opportunity to join a globally renowned business, who offer a fantastic working environment and benefits.
Job role overview:
Coordination of all contractor activities on all Sites and to be responsible for permit control across these sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of all contractor activities onsite and permit control. Adhere to the Company H&S Policy within the area of responsibilities, including the collation of contractors and/or suppliers RAMS/relevant insurances and the completion of Permit to Work as and when
- To be responsible for monitoring the quality of the service provided by the contractors according to the standards set out in the contract
- Provide advice, guidance and support on contractor management to ensure compliance of the HSE Regulations and
- To liaise with suppliers and third party consultants to optimise business relationships and service contracts.
- Support and administer around LOLER, PUWER, CDM and Portable Appliance
- To audit and monitor contractor
- Compile H&S audits and attend H&S
- Apply appropriate engineering principles to identify technical problems, evaluate options and formulate solutions to achieve satisfactory
- Review as required: engineering, methods, defect, maintenance faults, non-conformances and problem areas including design, installation, troubleshooting, technical investigation, commissioning and
- Liaise with all internal departments to ensure that general facilities issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To be responsible for maintaining constant awareness of the physical condition of the building, furniture, fittings and
- Complete performance management and procurement of contracts supplying services to the Company and manage basic maintenance and minor
- Conduct site audits, record and rectify across all sites.
- Create a budget for various facility needs and expenses, in conjunction with the budget
- Compare costs for various services and goods before selecting the best options for the
- To plan and prioritise own work allocation according to the needs of the site as determined by your Manager. This will include providing the Manager in advance with a weekly log of main tasks to be performed during the forthcoming week and providing/maintaining any other necessary
- To undertake and assist with projects as required by your
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your
Qualifications and assignments;
Maths and English GCSE grade C or above. NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) or willingness to complete within 12 months of appointment.
ONC/HNC in an engineering subject and supporting relevant experience.
Professional Experience & skills;
Proficient in Microsoft Packages including Excel, Word and Outlook. Previous demonstrated ability to manage a facilities budget. Relevant and demonstrated knowledge and experience of HSE Regulations and Standards, including H&S practices and procedures and tools and techniques.
Personality & motivation;
Self-motivated and resilient. Flexible and adaptable. Able to take instruction and work under pressure. Excellent communication skills, clear and concise written and verbal skills and ability to write coherent reports. Able to make systematic and logical judgements. Able to work individually and as part of a team. Negotiation skills and able to prioritise.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.