Construction Manager - Initial 14 Month Contract - Derby - Site Based - Industrial New Build and Refurbs - £350-£450 Day Rate D.O.E
A Global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions are looking for a Construction Manager to join their Derby based in house construction team initially on a 14 month contract with the view of taking the role on a permanent basis.
Initially you will:
- Attend weekly meetings and report on daily, weekly, and/or monthly project progress
- Interpret construction documents
- Collaborate with General Contractor on solving issues on site with drawings, submittals and RFl's
- Participate in the creation of the General Contractor Quality Assurance plan
- Track General Contractor Inspection Test Plans
- Inspect workmanship and methods of construction for project
- Coordinate M&E inspection services
- Ensure material and product used on site are within design team specifications
- Monitor any necessary testing agencies involved with project
- Participate in building commissioning and final documentation turnover
- Track & Maintain snag lists
- Provide reports/KPI stats
The role will evolve with time and more responsibilities may arise along the way
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of a degree in construction technology, building science or related field and ten years of related experience in building construction in capacity such as contracts or project manager
- Experience with construction cost estimation
- Experience with MS Project, Advanced Level MS Excel/Word
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally
- Strong ability to source out local contractors in foreign countries
- Second language skills are considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with the CDM regulations
- Knowledge of building components and systems
- Knowledge of construction materials, means and methods
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, codes, and other material relevant to construction
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.