Our client is one of the largest providers of the supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Concierge Team Leader - Homelessness (Wimbledon) - with some travel across London, 37.5 hours, £25,500kpa
- To oversee all aspects of service delivery by the Night Concierge Team. To lead and direct staff ensuring that they are supported to deliver the highest standards of service delivery. To ensure the team are able to deliver an effective out of hours response service, including during Business Continuity Plan activation To participate in and manage the delivery of an effective out of hours service to all services without 24 hour staffing cover. To ensure all services are visited regularly and in response to any serious incidents or emergency situations. To take responsibility for managing the Concierge rota and ensure that there are effective concierge staffing levels across the organisation
- Staff management:
- To recruit, manage and lead staff ensuring that they are trained in their duties and undergo annual reviews of their performance.
- To lead on the recruitment and selection of the Night Concierge Team
- To line manage the Night Concierge Team Leaders, as well as a small number of Night Concierge staff
- To set clear expectations of quality standards, work plans and targets for staff and to ensure staff performance is monitored through regular one to ones, identifying and taking action on training and development needs as appropriate.
- To undertake probationary assessments and annual reviews within specified timeframes.
- To manage capability, disciplinary, probationary and other staff management procedures effectively and in line with procedure.
- To ensure all staff within the team complete organisational, local and Health and Safety inductions.
- To manage leave, sickness absence and other absence in line with policy and procedure.
- To comply with and implement Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To ensure the Night Concierge team keep accurate records of activity during their shift, including interactions with customers, and that all relevant information is effectively handed over to day staff.
- To ensure the team are trained to remedy minor maintenance issues out of hours, and ensuring maintenance repairs are logged on Pyramid
- To ensure regular internal and external locality patrols and health and safety checks are carried out, logged and any identified actions are followed up.
- To manage the response to out of hours neighbour and customer complaints and provide guidance and leadership to the team in doing so
- To ensure that all customers are provided with a high quality service from the Night Concierge Team.
- To ensure the service meets its targets, including any Key Performance Indicators
- To produce accurate reports and data as requested and at specified intervals.
- To produce an annual work plan for service improvement and development that aligns with the organisational values and mission.
- To ensure that regular team meetings are held and minuted.
- To ensure working patterns and staffing cover meet the needs of the service, are within budget and that rotas are produced in advance
- To monitor expenditure and ensure that agency and bank spend is kept within set targets
- To participate in monthly income and expenditure analysis.
- To ensure that financial procedures are maintained at all times in accordance with Housing + Support's procedures.
- Experience of dealing directly with the public and customers in a busy service environment
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situations in relation to people
- Experience of managing a rota or organising staff time
- taking remedial action where targets are not met
- Knowledge of the issues facing homeless people and how to meet them
- An understanding of health and safety in the context of accommodation based services
- An understanding of and commitment to Diversity & Equality
- An understanding of CCTV systems and their practical application
- Experience of setting targets and taking remedial action where targets are not met
- Ability to organise and prioritise your work, ensuring you manage your own time and plan your workload to meet deadlines and commitments to customers
- Ability to follow financial procedures and manage budgets
- Ability to build teams, develop staff and manage staff performance
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.