Community Care Officer (Adults) Temporary contract
£12-15 per hour
An opportunity is available for an experienced and dedicated adults worker to carry out the assessment of individual needs and the initiation and coordination of services to promote the principles of choice and control, personalisation and self-directed support. You will ensure that service users can assess and manage their own needs, risks and uncertainties.
The role will involve:
- Responsible for the assessments, support planning and review of individual needs and the initiation and coordination of a range of outcomes to meet them.
- Responsible for the identification of potential reablement opportunities and provide access to those services as required.
- Responsible for commissioning of services to maximise peoples independence.
- Promote the principles of choice and control, personalisation and self directed support to ensure that service users can assess and manage their own needs, risks and uncertainties within their chosen living environment and meet their identified short and long term goals.
- Provide information, advice and support to service users and their carers.
The role requires:
- Relevant health/social care qualifications to NVQ Level 3, an equivalent qualification or evidence of required skills and experience.
* Have good communication skills verbally and the written word.
* Hold and manage a caseload of service users with varying levels of complex needs which will include the identification of service users' needs and the provision of information and advice. Enable planning, design and recording care packages in agreement with service users, carers and other agencies within available resources and budgetary.
* Develop care packages to include the design of individually tailored care packages for service users in consultation with identified carers/ families. Enabling individuals and their carers to build on their strengths overcome obstacles and make informed choices.
* Providing ranges of equipment, arranging minor adaptation work to help overcome the effects of disability on independent living where appropriate.
* Have the ability to work as a team member within the multi-disciplinary context and to develop professional working relationships with other agencies including Health Care Services, Housing Authorities and Voluntary and Independent Sector Services.
* Have a Good knowledge of the Care Act 2014.
* Have a good Knowledge of Continuing Health Care.
* Have a good knowledge of Direct Payments.
If you would like to express an interest in this role and would like more information, please forward your CV or get in touch.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.