Communications Officer (Shift Pattern Required)
Location : Hindlip - leek Wootton, Warwickshire, Shrewsbury
To receive, record and assess emergency and non emergency requests for policing services and provide resolution where appropriate
To manage and control the deployment of policing resources in line with the deployment principles, force Policy working practises and service standards within Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police.
· To receive and record as appropriate requests for service and maintain accurate contact/incident records on Force systems, resolving at first point of contact where necessary.
· To make an initial assessment of the threat, risk, harm and vulnerability of the service request, to grade within the force guidelines/national standards, utilising intelligence information, and find a suitable resolution route at the first point of contact in order to support community safety and Force crime reduction objectives.
· To complete crime reports in full where there are no further lines of enquiry or partial completion when further investigations is required.
· To review, assess and update IT records and intelligence systems in accordance with Force policy, Management of Police Information (MoPI) and national guidelines.
· To provide timely updates to victims and witnesses and, if the initial response times are unable to be met, update and inform them about the next steps.
· To maintain standards for security of information in accordance with Force guidelines, National standards and UK legislation.
· To communicate accurate information to external organisations whilst maintaining standards of security.
· To provide tutoring to support new OCC staff.
· To maintain and continuously develop a working knowledge of emergency service delivery as necessary.
· To undertake other duties with the nature of responsibility and grading of this post.
The Salary is £16,788 with (£5,698 shift allowance)
Should you wish to apply for this position please contact:
Tara Goacher - Barker Ross Recruitment - 01162042608
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.