Our client is one of the largest providers of the supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Communications Manager - supported accommodation, South Wimbledon, Permanent, 37.5 hours, £37,500 pro rata per annum
To work with the Head of Business Development to lead on all communications work across the organisation; specifically:
- To implement our stakeholder strategy, improving external and internal communications work, increasing awareness of our brand and our work across London, to support fundraising and awareness raising campaigns.
- To deliver a step change in our external communications, including digital media for awareness and fundraising.
- Use of emerging technology, particularly around digital and ability to harness these in order to meet aims.
- Ability to write content and messaging to the highest level, including advanced proof reading skills.
- Able to manage complex projects and associated resources.
- Is creative and resourceful- has great ideas and can implement them even in the context of limited charity resources.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentational skills, including influencing and negotiating with key stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver projects in the context of a complex and ever-changing operating environment.
- Ability to interpret/analyse numerical and statistical data.
- Proficient use of IT in Word, Excel and database applications.
Capable of delivering results to tight deadlines and under pressure.
Personal style and behaviour
- Is an experienced people manager, supporting and empowering people to work independently and in line with 'what we believe' and 'who we are'.
- Supports and co-operates fully with colleagues to meet current and future business needs and to promote collaboration.
- Possessing the authority, presence and integrity to command respect from colleagues within the organisation and from external contacts.
- Dynamic and energetic personality with a high degree of personal drive.
- A confident, independent and effective decision maker.
- Integrity and honesty, inspiring confidence and openness amongst colleagues.
- Resilient, able to handle conflict and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible approach to work, including willingness to work outside normal office hours as required.
- Personal commitment to the corporate values, vision and objectives of Housing + Support and culture of continuous service improvement.
Commitment to quality, customer service, best practice and best
Team management and co-ordination
To effectively manage, develop and coach direct reports (Communications Officer) to support them to excel in their role.
To motivate and inspire to team to meet fundraising and communications targets.
To work with external consultants and agencies on specific projects as required.
To support team members to utilise and support volunteers and interns on an ad hoc basis.
To work within charity legislation, and in accordance with Fundraising Regulation and GDPR guidance.
To act in accordance with the aims and promote and implement Equal Opportunities Policy and other polices adopted by the Board.
To carry out any other duties as directed by the Head of Business Development, Director, Chief Executive or Board.
This job description provides an indication of the roles and responsibilities for the post of Communications and Fundraising Manager, but should not be construed as an exclusive list of the duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
The postholder should also be aware of and follow policies and procedures, with particular attention to health and safety, equality and diversity and customer service excellence.
To further your development and knowledge you will be expected to attend training as necessary.
Experience & qualifications
- Significant and demonstrable experience of delivering income generating or awareness raising communications, particularly integrated campaigns, across a range of platforms. at a managerial level.
- Substantial track record in developing and delivering communications strategies to both internal and external stakeholders through a range of marketing streams.
- Significant experience of increasing supporters through digital
- Project and/or event management experience, including managing external agencies.
- Managing printed collateral for income generation purposes.
- Understanding of the key principles of effective stakeholder engagement and communications, and how to build a charity's external profile.
Understanding of the processes involved, and significance of relationship management, for fundraising.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.