Commercial Director (£65-75k DOE + Company Car/Car Allowance)
Based in Nottingham, an interiors fit-out company and are a successful market leader in the Retail Construction sector, working with some high profile clients and specialising in the installation of partitioning, suspended ceilings and joinery.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join an established and well respected business in a senior position.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Increased turnover while maintaining profitability is a key part of the business plan and this role will play a part in achieving that. There is therefore a need to appoint an individual who will lead and grow the team.
- The new appointee will be commercially minded and be able to demonstrate a proven track record of developing and running successful sub-contracting relationships.
- To work with the Managing Director to manage and monitor the business.
- Take control of the commercial side of the business reporting to the Managing Director.
- Cost manage multiple fast-track projects in conjunction with the contracts team with values ranging from £10K to £2m.
- On site measurement of works and agree with client.
- Preparation of interim and final accounts.
- Agreement of accounts with clients representative and ensure prompt payment to maintain positive cash flow.
- In conjunction with contracts team, prepare valuation of project variations and agree values with client's representative.
- Valuation and checking labour invoices on a weekly basis.
- Be proactive whilst on site to act as company representative and provide support to the contracts team.
- Work with a positive attitude and have a professional and considerate approach to your work.
- Commercial management of projects, client and staff.
- Understands wider commercial considerations within the construction sub-contract sector.
- You will have held senior positions within a retail/fit out company with a construction background and will be able to demonstrate a successful track record.
- You will have the opportunity to take a level of responsibility.
- Enlightened, progressive results orientated management style. Hands-on operator with excellent communication and people management skills.
- Be self-motivated and willing to work unsociable hours when dictated by our clients.
- Good communicator, having good IT skills and willing to work with a close team environment to achieve results.
- Must possess at least a degree within the QS sector.
- Projects are nationwide and as such you will be expected to drive to various locations.
- Must live within a 25 mile radius of Nottingham.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 01159483757.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.