A fantastic opportunity for some proficient using Mecof CS500 vertical milling machines is now available to join a well established and continually expanding company at their site in East Hampshire. Our client employs over 3000 people globally and owns a multitude of companies. They have 60 years' experience in developing conceptual design through to product manufacture in every sector from aerospace and packaging through to automotive engineering. The successful candidate will be joining an exciting and vibrant company who believe investing in their people is the key to their success.
My client is now seeking to employ a permanent CNC Vertical Milling Machinist (Mecof CS500) within an injection mould tooling environment to work NIGHT SHIFTS
Please note it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that you have the following:-
- 5 years CNC Machining experience within an injection mould tooling using Mecof CS500 machines
- Fully trained in the use of all types of CNC machines fitted with Heidenhein controllers
- A recognised UK engineering apprenticeship.
- An excellent understanding of machining technology - CNC Vertical Milling Centres
- Clean driving licence as may be required to travel to sub-contract suppliers.
CNC machining of inserts, electrodes and modifications to core and cavity block work and other injection mould tool components. Candidates will need to create their own programmes from 3D solid models provided using Powermill. The business is service and repair as opposed to new tool manufacture so manufacturing bespoke inserts for tools and localised form changing etc.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring that the correct speeds / feeds and optimum machine / operating practices are being adopted at all times.
- Ensuring that the program cycle time is consistent with the time quoted for the job and having the ability to run left and right hand pairs simultaneously where required.
- Holding a full understanding of component set-up by the use of holding/turn-over fixtures or plates with the ability to set up in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the accurate measuring of tooling and components using micrometres, verniers etc. where required.
- Co-ordinating with the Tooling manager to highlight required parts, material block ups or other materials and support required to ensure the job timing can be achieved.
- Maintaining high standards of 5s by keeping machines and the surrounding areas clean and free of obstacles.
- Having a good understanding and ensuring preventative maintenance is carried out on the machines being operated.
- Company pension scheme
- Child care voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking on site, free vend drinks machine.
Hours: 40 hours a week 4 x 10 hour shifts Monday to Thursday starting at 6.30pm with a half hour unpaid lunch
My client offers a rewarding career with great development progression opportunities.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay or call Rebecca at Barker Ross on 0116 3666189
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.