A fantastic opportunity is available for a highly skilled CNC Miller Programmer Setter Operator to join a leading and innovative Leicester based company who have been established for over 40 years. Our client develops conceptual design through to product manufacture of precision machined bespoke components for the machine testing industry, they have a large customer base making your role varied and challenging.
The successful candidate will be joining an exciting and vibrant company who believe investing in their people is the key to their success.
Please note it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that you have the following:-
- Minimum 3 years CNC Miller Programmer, Setter Operator experience
- Experience working with metals such as steel, aluminum, brass and ironbrass
- Be proficient at manual programming using Fanuc controls
- Possess a recognised UK engineering apprenticeship.
- An excellent understanding of machining technology
- Small batch, prototype work so must be able to read drawings and work to tight tolerances
- Fully conversant with all Health and Safety processes
Please note it would beneficial but not essential if you have a working knowledge of CAD/CAM Software.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring that the correct speeds / feeds and optimum machine / operating practices are being adopted at all times.
- Ensuring that the program cycle time is consistent with the time quoted for the job
- A full understanding of component set-up with the ability to set up in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the accurate measuring of tooling and components using micrometres, verniers etc. where required.
- Co-ordinating with management to highlight required parts, material block ups or other materials and support required to ensure the job timing can be achieved.
- Having a good understanding and ensuring preventative maintenance is carried out on the machines being operated.
Hours of work (39 hour week):-
Monday - Thursday 07:30 - 16:30
Friday 07:30 - 12:30
Please note there is overtime available - this is only during the week
Salary (dependant on experience)
Between £17238 and £19266
My client offers a rewarding career for immediate consideration please send your CV without delay or call Rebecca at Barker Ross on 0116 3666189
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.