!! THIS POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO UK RESIDENTS - PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE THE UK !!
SALARY 36K CONTINENTAL SHIFTS
A fantastic opportunity is now available to join a leading supplier of precision machined parts to the aerospace industry. Our well established client has over 500 employees and both national and international manufacturing and distribution facilities for design, manufacture and assembly of components that deliver to leading aircraft manufacturers
My client is now seeking to employ a permanent CNC Miller Programmer Setter Operator (5 axis) to work CONTINENTAL SHIFTS
Please note it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that you have the following:-
- Be fully competent to Programme Set and Operate CNC Milling Machines
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Be able to work 12 hour shifts including some nights on a rotational basis
- Able to work unsupervised
- Small batch work manufacturing bespoke components
- To Set and Operate CNC Milling Machines - must have recent experience
- To produce small batch work and also bespoke components - mostly aluminium, titanium and also steel
- Components will be varying in size from 100 mil to 12 metres in length
- Self inspection of parts produced
- Work to defined schedules
- Maintain a safe and tidy environment in the work area, in line with Health & Safety policies
- Working in a shop floor environment - there are approximately 25 people employed on site
- Thorough methodical approach
- Attention to quality
- Able to work within tight deadlines
- Able to work well within a team environment and also unsupervised
- Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas - particularly in the assembly area
Please note it would be beneficial but NOT ESSENTIAL if you can programme CNC machines and/or are apprentice trained/time served.
Hours of work - Continental Shifts - 48 hour week working a variety of rotating 12 hour shifts:
6am - 6pm or 7am - 7pm with 2 days off and then 6pm to 6am or 7pm to 7am with 2 days off
Salary: £36K (inclusive of 35% shift allowance) and 28 days holiday
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.