A fantastic opportunity is available for a CNC Miller or CNC Turner, setter, operator to join a leading innovative and forward thinking company in Derbyshire
The successful candidate will report into the Production Supervisor and will be responsible for:-
CNC Milling or CNC Turning, Setting and Operating
You will be responsible to produce machined parts by setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
* Machine parts to issued, route card, check planning, materials, specifications, machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
* Checking Route Card to determine material / free issue parts are available; Checking tooling is available on the set up sheet.
* Sets-up CNC milling/turning machines by entering instructions, including datums and reference points; setting tools, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic maths, running proven tool paths; proving part programs.
* Sets-up CNC milling/turning machines, tools, attachments, collets, fixtures, stops, and 4th Axis Attachments; Tail-stock assists.
* Loads billets lifting / placing into position.
* Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to Customer drawing tolerances and standards.
* Maintains specifications by observing machining including, drilling, thread milling, tapping and measurements of parts; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to the quality procedures and processes.
* Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reporting machines needing repair or modification.
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Updates job knowledge by updating tooling and contributing the ongoing continual improvement of machining processes.
* Accomplishes time frames by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; looking at the old processes to update and add value to the CNC operations.
The ideal candidate will have a good engineering background and a strong understanding of machining principles and be capable of minimizing machine time for any given job. It is essential to be self-motivated, able to work under minimum supervision and within a team, and, have a willingness to learn and improve techniques and knowledge.
You will be organised, able to work under pressure, possess excellent attention to detail, good time-keeping, and be accurate, flexible and reliable
Programming is an advantage.
The hours for this role are :-
Monday to Thursday 07:45 - 16:45
Friday 07:45 - 12:45
Salary £22,000 -£26,000 dependant on experience
My client offers a rewarding career with great development progression opportunities.
If you are interested in the role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.