Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Produce machine parts by programming, setting up and operating a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine.
* Operating XYZ 450 and 560 machines with a CNC controller and XYZ 1510 and 1020 with Siemens 828d controller.
* Operate CNC and manual manufacturing equipment to produce acceptable product per work instructions.
* Set datums using wobbling edge finder / Renishaw probe / 3D taster.
* Maintain quality and safety standards, in line with company policy.
* Keep records of works and times.
* Maintain equipment, supplies and a clean working environment.
* Read and interpret technical drawings to determine machine set-up and production methods.
* Use precision measurement equipment to check machined parts against drawings.
* Inspect parts for defects as part of in-process inspection; record results, adjust program or notify appropriate person of deviation when needed.
* Perform machine adjustments such as off-sets or setting tapers and basic preventative maintenance such as changing coolants, filters, etc.
The ideal candidate will have experience in operating and maintaining a CNC machine. They will be able to read and work to engineering drawings and specifications. There is no requirement to be able to program but a basic understanding of the codes used will be necessary to change or edit basic paths.
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate must be able to:
* Competently and safely operate a CNC Machine without supervision.
* Read and interpret engineering drawings.
* Competent use of precision measurement equipment such as Vernier Callipers and Micrometers .
The Position: This is a Full-Time position at 37.5 hours per week with a rotating shift pattern.
Working hours will be as follows:
Monday- Thursday 6.00am - 2.00pm, Friday 6.00am - 11.30am
Monday-Thursday 2.00pm - 10.00pm, Friday 1.00pm - 6.30pm
Salary is negotiable to the right candidate. To apply, please send a covering letter, along with your CV or give Laura Heathcote a call on 0115 9416324.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.