I am currently recruiting on behalf of my client for a CNC Machine Tool Fitter to work at their manufacturing site in Coventry.
The successful machine tool fitter will be part of a busy maintenance department responsible for mechanical repair and servicing of all manufacturing machine tools and equipment. The role requires a person who can work well within a team environment but also has the ability to work under their own initiative.
Location - Coventry
Shift pattern - nights and days. In for 2 days, rest for 2 days, in for 3 nights, rest for 2 days, in for 2 days, rest for 2 days.
Salary - £32,322.86 plus shift premium - £43,635.86
The machine tool fitter responsibilities will include:
* Diagnosis and repair of mechanical faults on all equipment including complex CNC machinery.
* Scheduled maintenance and servicing of equipment to manufacturing standards.
* Manage preventative maintenance schedules using asset management system.
* Respond rapidly to emergency breakdown situations and create work completion reports.
* Use problem solving tools to reduce downtime and suggest improvements using root cause analysis techniques.
* Mentor/ train apprentices and less experienced members of the department.
* Attend manufacturing improvement meetings and work cross functionally to resolve issues.
* Work to all relevant safety standards.
The successful machine tool fitter will ideally have:
* Experience in a recognised engineering industrial trade.
* Previous experience repairing machine tools, preferably including CNC machinery, gantry loaders/ robotics and balancing machines.
* A solid understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic control systems.
* Equipment installation and commissioning.
* Apprenticeship training - NVQ Level3 or equivalent.
* City and Guilds Level 3 qualification in a mechanical discipline.
If you are interested in the role, please get in touch!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.