- To carry responsibility for the management of the nursing services in liaison with the Care Home Manager.
- Take a leadership role for your team by ensuring staff skills are managed, supervised appropriately and rotas are in place to enable the smooth, efficient running of the business.
- To promote, role model and maintain a high standard of nursing care including the home environment.
- To ensure effective induction of new nursing staff, provide ongoing clinical supervision of trained staff and where applicable mentorship and assessment of student nurses.
- To work within the NMC Code and CQC standards alongside Prime Life internal policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and best practice guidance.
- Plan, direct and deliver high quality person centred care through the care planning process, championing independence and person choice.
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management, ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered.
- To monitor the quality of nursing care provided through effective auditing and undertaking of corrective action as required by the Care Home Manager.
- To undertake staff reviews through supervision, annual appraisal and team meetings.
- To evaluate performance of the nursing team ensuring that duties are performed effectively and attitudes and behaviours reflect the values of Prime Life and NMC Code.
- To be up to date on and follow the relevant procedures contained within Prime Life policy files that affect your job and responsibilities.
- Take an active role in training the team of nurses, working in conjunction with the Prime Life Workforce Development team to ensure that staff are kept up to date with current practices and good practice developments.
- Maintain accurate and relevant documentation and reports to reflect practice and planned development.
- To deputise for the Care Home Manager and take responsibility for the management of the building in the absence of the Care Home Manager if requested.
- To ensure provision of emergency treatment for all clients when required by the nursing team.
- Be accountable to the Care Home Manager for all duties and responsibilities through;
- Identifying any areas of concern as soon as possible
- Attendance at Team meetings / supervisions as required
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.