Cleaning and Conference Manager
Cleaning and Conference Manager
Responsibility for the efficient and effective management of the Residential and Sports Village buildings cleaning teams to ensure that all buildings are cleaned to the highest possible standard. Manage all aspects of the Kitchen audits process and Auditor.
Effective management of all aspects of the Conference season including external cleaning contractors, front of house and financial admin support.
- Provide leadership to the cleaning team and act as a role model for the supervisory team - leading and supporting them to motivate and manage their cleaning teams, maintaining a working culture that maximises staff engagement.
- Manage some sub-contractors as deep cleaning services and hygiene services.
- Promote and embed a positive Health and Safety culture across the team, ensuring that the department and all members of the cleaning team are compliant with all relevant Health and Safety and Statutory requirements pertinent to the area.
- Maintain all records for risk assessments, method statements and safe systems of work as required.
- Responsible for producing specifications for cleaning by external contractors and the effective management of such contracts once awarded.
- Work with the supervisory team to ensure all staff are fully trained to undertake work allocated and skills are kept up to date with the latest processes and techniques.
- Manage all material and stock required to undertake appropriate cleaning and keep an asset list of all equipment used by the team together with a replacement schedule.
- Undertake tasks assigned and ensure they are updated appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Produce monthly reports.
- Ensure excellent communication with team by having regular meetings and Toolbox talks.
- Lead and support the supervisory team in managing staff performance (including, but not limited to; proactive absence management, Development reviews, Performance reviews and ensure staff work within Pinnacle good practise).
- Provide technical guidance and support to staff through informal on the job training in own areas of competency to maintain operational effectiveness.
- Actively encourage staff to contribute to ideas that will enhance/improve the service provided.
- Undertake daily cleaning inspections including joint audits with the clients throughout the year.
- During the summer period - manage all QA's and organize folders with records of all audits performed after the deep cleans and before handover the blocks back to UH.
- Participate in all conference meetings and manage the accommodation for delegates.
- Maintain a very active communication with the conference team regarding alterations or challenges related to delegates and conference groups.
- Manage front of house together with the Helpdesk Supervisor, making sure allocations and bedroom lists are accurately done with 2 weeks in advance. (Kinetic)
- Update the summer works planner and conference planner daily. (H Drive)
- Instruct helpdesk as per each conference regarding their service levels and requirements.
- Run cleaning lists with 2 days in advance for the cleaning teams.
- Responsible for all conference/deep cleans consumables and materials order and stock control.
- Perform spot checks prior to delegates arrival.
- Manage and keep records of all QA's after conferences when handover buildings back to UH.
If you would like to apply for this position, please call George @ Barker Ross head office on 0203 757 7048/ 07432157726 (Monday-Friday, 08:00-17:30) or click on the Apply link.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.