Chilled Food Warehouse Manager
£45,000-£50,000 per annum
This innovative and forward thinking chilled food manufacturer based in Northamptonshire and supply into all major UK retailers. The business is experiencing a sustained period of growth and is therefore looking for a production professional to come into the business and immediately add value.
As Warehouse Manager you will be required to lead colleagues and manage all aspect of the low care and stores operation, organising the safe and efficient receipt, storage and despatch of warehoused goods. Maintain the safety and quality of products and raw ingredients throughout the supply chain process. Ensure that all transactions are carried out in a timely manner, and that stock accuracy is maintained at greater than 99%.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead, co-ordinate and priorities activity in the low care department to ensure continuous supply of specified materials, including packaging and labels to the production and picking teams
- Ensure the adherence of all raw materials meet quality and technical standards, are matched to PO's accurately recorded and stored to sustain product integrity
- Review trends across all processes to identify and act upon opportunities that make sustainable improvements in waste, performance and profit
- Lead the ongoing development of the SHE culture, promoting adherence to operational guidelines, accident investigation and audit recommendations to support and improve health and safety in the working environment
- Ensure that strong communication and information flows are maintained within the team to ensure that immediate issues are resolved and ongoing items and trends are shared with the broader operations community
- Forecast and control labour requirements, direct and indirect, to meet production plan requirements and customers' expectations within budget
- Monitor and review team capability, ensuring all staff are clearly focused on their key objectives and developed to maximize their potential
- Facilitate continuous improvement and contribute to the delivery of the CI plan
- Manage team and individual performance throughout a range of HR processes
What is required?
- Advanced Food Hygiene Accreditation
- HACCAP Level 3 Qualification
- Level 3 Health & Safety - IOSH
- Knowledge of business improvement techniques
- Excellent literacy & numerical skills, ability to communicate in writing and for reporting purposes.
- Analytical - ability to pull actionable insight from data
- Prior experience of leading a team and resource planning in a people intensive, manufacturing/ FMCG environment
- Experience of managing large numbers of people in complex manufacturing environment
Is this opportunity not quite what you're looking for? I take an active approach with my candidates helping them secure their next opportunity.
I recruit exclusively within Food Manufacturing, covering Production & Engineering. I headhunt and resource for roles including Team Leader, Shift Manager, Production Supervisor, Production Manager, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Engineering Supervisor and Engineering Manager.
Please get in touch to discuss further - 0115 9416323/
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.