Location: Southwell, Nottingham
Salary: £8.10 - £9.00 per hour
Job type: Temporary
Hours: Nights (3 month contract)
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Children's Support Worker on behalf of a client based in Southwell in Nottinghamshire. This will involve supporting children with Learning Disabilities, Physical Disabilities, Challenging Behaviour and Complex Needs.
- Providing high quality care and support to children and young people within a residential home
- Identifying needs and preferences for each individual and working to care plans
- Supporting children and young people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, complex needs and related challenging behaviours
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required
- Assist with all aspects of catering and domestic duties as and when required
- Reporting any deficiencies in the service of whatever nature to the service manager or nurse manager
- Supporting the management team and assisting other support staff
- Encouraging good community relationships and liaising with children's families and carers
- Moving and handling, hoist management and some aspects of personal care involved
- Person centred support plans and risk assessments are created in partnership with the young person, their family, school, other professionals and social workers
- Various hours of work available on working rota but this will be ongoing nights to start with
Must have 6 months experience within health and social care
Full UK drivers licence
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Jade at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.