Our client who has a small farm shop, café and butchery on site currently has an opportunity for a Chef to join their growing team. The role is looking to start as soon as possible and will be recruited on a temporary to permanent basis.
The hours will be a minimum of 22 or maximum of 37.5 hours per week depending on the applicant's desire and will include weekend working.
The starting pay rate is £8.00 per hour but this can be negotiable depending upon experience.
Duties of the role will include:-
- Staff supervision - Ensuring that health, safety and hygiene regulations are adhered to, organising lunch breaks at appropriate times and ensuring that kitchen staff carry out their duties in an efficient manner
- Food production - To be responsible for the preparation of high quality, fresh, tasty and safe meals, to be able to use and maintain all kitchen equipment and to contribute to new product ideas for both the shop and café
- Hygiene and food safety procedures - Ensuring that HACCP procedures during food production are followed and maintaining food production records, assisting with start up and end of day procedures, checking and recording fridge and freezer temperatures, ensure that you store and label food correctly, making sure that food is used within it's used by date and ensuring that high standards of personal and kitchen hygiene are maintained at all times
- Purchasing - Ensuring that the correct procedure is followed for processing supplier deliveries
- Stock control - Monitoring stock levels on a daily basis, discarding any food that is not used by it's used by date, reporting any low levels of stock and making sure that all butchery and deli products are transferred correctly
- Flexibility - Be prepared to cover other areas in the event of holiday/sickness and to be involved at other additional events as required
In order to be considered for the role it is essential that you have previous chef/cooking experience, have your own transport to get to site and can be available to start work immediately.
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910 for further information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.