Here at Barker Ross, we are currently recruiting for a Chef to join one of our prestige clients based in Brixworth, Northamptonshire.
This is a rolling one year contract with an immediate start for the right person. Days of work are Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend and late shifts. (On a rota basis). Hours will be discussed at interview stage.
You must be/have:
- Must have a passion for cooking and hospitality and be self motivated
- Must be organised and able to manage a busy kitchen
- Have high attention to detail for all food preparation
- Have experience with fresh produce
- Have high understanding of 'Healthy eating values'
- Preparing side dishes eg. Salad bar
- Willing to rota around different kitchen sections to suit needs of the kitchen
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure all preparation of the designated section is complete and ready for each service
- Support other chefs in delivering required standard of food and kitchen operation
- Maintain a can do attitude at all times
- Willing to learn and improve skills and experience
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Be flexible in order to suit the needs of the kitchen
The successful candidate will have experience in all food safety practices, HACCP, COSHH along with stock control. You must have City and Guilds 706 1&2 or NVQ Level equivalent and hold food safety certificate level 2.
Please call the Northampton office at Barker Ross on 01604 634479 to discuss the role.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.